|Photo: Courtesy Gourmet or Gourmand|
These Stilton Pecan Cocktail Crackers were adapted from a recipe from Ina Garten. I edited this recipe, adding some other distinct flavors and these are a favorite! Served with cocktails or just as a snack cracker, they are addictive and delicious!
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese (or other fragrant blue cheese), crumbled (about 12 ounces with rind), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 extra-large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (I use a KitchenAid stand mixer), cream the butter and Stilton together for 1 minute, or until smooth. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour, salt and pepper, chopped pecans and mix until it's in large crumbles, about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of water and mix until combined. You may need to adjust the water depending on your situation and humidity.