I love cobbler. Pure and simple. Love it. It is super simple and awesome. It's pretty hard to screw up too. This is the simplest version yet. Incredibly moist, sweet and delicious. Not for the faint of heart carb-wise, but once in awhile you just have to have what you have to have!
For the fruit:
3 cups strawberries halved (or quartered if large)
4 tablespoons liqueur (I used Chambord but Grand Marnier would be great as well)
1/2 cup sugar
For the batter:
3/4 stick butter (salted or add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the batter)
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- Put the berries, liqueur and sugar in a bowl to macerate at room temperature for an hour).
- After an hour, spray a 9" x 9" x 2" glass baking dish with cooking spray and put the butter in it. Place in the oven and start the preheat to 350 degrees.
- Mix the batter ingredients in a bowl and pour into the baking dish over the melted butter - do not mix
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the batter - do not mix.
- Bake for an hour until the top is crusty and brown - ideally served while hot with vanilla ice cream on top. Delicious.